10 Aug Homemade Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup xylitol or 3/4 cup Treleafia or 3/4 cup powdered stevia
- 1 1/2 tbsp. maple extract
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- Whisk together the water, xylitol or stevia, and maple extract in a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar substitute dissolves.
- Pour the liquid into a blender. Sprinkle half of the xanthan gum on top (don’t dump, just sprinkle lightly and evenly). Puree immediately, until no lumps remain. Repeat with the remaining xantham gum.
- Wait a few minutes to allow the syrup to thicken further. If it’s still thinner than you’d like, add a little more xanthan gum, just a tiny bit at a time (1/16 teaspoon at a time, sprinkled lightly and pureed again).