13 Aug Iced Vanilla Bean Matcha Latte
- 2 unsweetened almond milk ice cubes (60 mL), plus more for serving
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder (no sugar added)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or 1 vanilla bean, seeded
(or 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract)
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, or to taste or liquid stevia for 0 grams of sugar
- 1 to 2 frozen wheatgrass cube(s) (optional)
- Pour almond milk into an ice cube tray and freeze until solid. I recommend using a silicone mold if possible, as they’re easy to pop the cubes out of. I also try to keep a stash on hand in the freezer so the cubes are ready to go at all times.
- To make the latte: Add the cup of almond milk into a blender along with 2 almond milk ice cubes, matcha powder, vanilla, maple syrup OR STEVIA, and the optional frozen wheatgrass cube(s). Blend on high for around 20 seconds to ensure it gets nice and frothy.
- Pour into a glass, along with more almond milk ice cubes.