03 Aug Jicama Shell Tacos
Posted at 20:49h in Phase Two Recipes 0 Comments
2 tacos = 1 serving (1 protein, 1 veggie)
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 jicama
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey, or beef
- 1/4 cup red onion, julienned
- 2 cup Romaine lettuce, loosely packed
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Peel jicama and slice as thinly as possible using a mandoline or a sharp knife.
- Soak jicama slices in cold water for 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Place ground beef or turkey in a skillet and cook on medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add seasonings and stir until evenly distributed.
- Pat jicama slices dry, and top with lettuce, meat, 1 tbsp guacamole, onion, and roasted Roma salsa.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges, and serve.Note: Avoid jicama if you are fruit restricted.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.