14 Aug Ketogenic Avocado Ice Cream
1/4 cup = 1 serving | Makes 1 fat serving and 1 fruit serving
- 1.5 cups of almond milk, unsweetened vanilla
- 1 stevia dropper or 2 tsp. powdered stevia
- 2 avocados (ripe)
- 1/2 cup sugar free whipping cream or heavy cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla stevia
- Gently heat the almond milk with the stevia but do not allow to boil. Stir to ensure the stevia is dissolved and blended.
- Leave to cool completely, cover with plastic film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Peel and remove the pits from the avocados. (Roll the avocado on a smooth surface, firmly pressing down with the palm of the hand, and then cut in half. The flesh will come away easily from the peel.)
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl, including the chilled almond stevia milk, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker until firm and leave in the freezer for at least 1 hour before eating.
- If not using an ice cream maker: Transfer to a container, metal if possible, and place in the freezer, stirring every 30 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- After more than 1 day in the freezer, leave at room temperature for a few minutes before serving to allow it to regain its creaminess.