14 Aug Lemon Asparagus Cauliflower Rice
Posted at 05:27h in Phase One Recipes, Phase Two Recipes 0 Comments
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets and stems removed (or Trader Joe’s Riced Cauliflower package)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped (discard the tough parts)
- 1 tsp olive oil (PHASE 2!)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Pinch of pepper and salt, to taste
- Chop the florets into pieces small enough to fit into the food processor. Make sure that the cauliflower pieces are completely dried before using.
- Pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice. Do it in batches if needed and don’t let it get mushy.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and sauté until soft.
- Add the cauliflower in a frying pan. Cover and cook approximately 5 to 6 minutes , stirring frequently. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat. Add asparagus to the pan and cook it covered until asparagus is tender.
- Mix in lemon juice and chopped cilantro. Adjust seasonings as necessary.
This can be eaten as a side (veggie serving), or topped with eggs or with a curry.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.