14 Aug Lemon Garlic Chicken Zoodles
- 6 zucchini
- 2 six oz chicken breasts (cooked), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fine grain salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- PHASE 2: Grated Parmesan cheese
- Using a spiralizer, create zucchini spaghetti. If you don’t have a spiralizer use a regular vegetable peeler to vertically peel long, thin strips of the zucchini.
- Spray non-stick spray on to a pan.
- Once hot, add zucchini noodles and cook for about 2 minutes, until zucchini noodles (“zoodles”) are tender but still retain some crunch.
- Let the noodles rest for about 3 minutes so that they can release all of the moisture.
- Transfer noodles to a colander and drain the excess water from the pan.
- Add cooked, diced chicken breast to the zoodle pan.
- Add tomatoes and parsley, lower to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, or until tomatoes start to break down and release some of their juice.
- In the meantime in a small bowl combine lemon juice, garlic, salt, and lemon pepper.
- Add zoodles to the pan alongside the lemon juice mixture.
- Stir until everything is combined and heated through.
- PHASE 2: Sprinkle shredded Parmesan cheese on top and use olive oil for lemon juice mixture.