10 Aug Lemon Garlic Chicken Zoodles
- 6 small zucchini
- 2 chicken breasts (about 15 oz / 425 gr), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- PHASE 2: 3 tsp. olive oil, divided
- PHASE 2: Grated Parmesan cheese
- Using a spiralizer create zucchini spaghetti.
- Heat one tsp. of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat or use nonstick spray. Once hot, add zucchini noodles and cook for about 1-2 minutes, until zucchini noodles are tender but still retain some crunch and do not get soggy.
- Let the noodles rest for about 3 minutes so that they can release all of the moisture. Transfer noodles to a colander and drain the excess water from the pan.
- Wipe the pan and heat one tsp of olive oil, when sizzling add chicken cubes and cook until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes. You may also use nonstick oil spray.
- Add tomatoes and parsley, lower to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, or until tomatoes start to break down and release some of their juice.
- In the meantime in a small bowl combine lemon juice, the remaining tsp of olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add zoodles to the pan alongside the lemon juice mixture.
- Stir until everything is combined and heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes (if using) and serve!