07 Aug Low-Carb Keto Tortilla Chips
Posted at 20:09h in Phase Three Recipes 0 Comments
10 chips = 1 serving | 17g fat, 4g net carbs | 1 serving of dairy
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 6 tbsp. (1/3 c) mozzarella cheese, part-skim (shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour and spices.
- Add the egg and mix using a hand mixer, until a crumbly dough forms.
- In a small bowl, microwave the mozzarella until it’s melted and easy to stir. (Alternatively, you can melt it using a double broiler on the stove.) Add to the dough mixture and knead/squeeze with your hands until well incorporated. If it stops incorporating before it’s fully mixed, you can reheat it for 15-20 seconds again before kneading more.
- Place the dough between two large pieces of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll out very thin, about 1/16″ thick.
- Cut the dough into triangles and arranged on the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes, until golden and firm. The chips may release some sizzling oil on the top – just pat dry with a paper towel. They will crisp up as they cool.
NOTE: Adapted from: www.wholesomeyum.com
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.