16 May Mashed Cauliflower
- 2 large heads cauliflower, cut into small florets (or buy it riced)
- 1 tsp. olive oil or ghee or grass-fed butter (PHASE 2)
- drop of butter flavor extract (optional for P1)
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- generous grating nutmeg
- Place the cauliflower florets into a steam basket and cook over salted boiling water until really tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Squeeze as much water out of the cauliflower as you possibly can, then transfer it to the bowl of your food processor.
- Add oil or ghee (phase 2), salt, pepper and nutmeg and process until smooth and creamy. Stop to scrape the sides as needed.
- Serve piping hot with a little dollop of ghee and chopped herbs.