09 Jul Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cups homemade vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoons chived, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Separate the cauliflower into florets and chop the core finely.
2. Bring about 1 cup of water to a simmer in a pot, then add the cauliflower. Cover and turn the heat to medium. Cook the cauliflower for 12-15 minutes or until very tender.
3. Drain and discard all of the water.
4. Add the cauliflower, garlic and broth to pot. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Drain, reserving the liquid. Add remaining ingredients with ⅓ cup reserved liquid to your high-powered blender. Blend on high for 15 seconds, until very smooth. (You can pulse longer for a more creamy texture, or try adding 4 cups of broth instead of one for a creamy sauce! Less liquid=more like mashed potatoes.)
-Add to any recipe that calls for mashed potatoes, creamed soup or drizzle on vegetables, chicken, etc etc!
-Makes 8 servings
-1 serving= 3/4 cup (1 vegetable)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.