03 Aug Mashed Garlic Cauliflower
Posted at 20:28h in Phase One Recipes, Sides 0 Comments
- 2 medium heads of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 bulbs garlic
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided (PHASE 2)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Place florets in an even layer on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil (phase 2) and lightly toss to coat.
- Chop just the top off of the unpeeled whole bulbs of garlic so they still hold their shape. Rub the exposes heads with a bit of olive oil. Wrap each bulb in tin foil and set on baking sheet with cauliflower.
- Bake for 35 minutes, stirring cauliflower halfway through cooking time.
- Allow cauliflower to cool slightly. Remove garlic cloves from bulb (they should be soft and very easy to remove from skin).
- In a large food processor, blend together roasted garlic, cauliflower, almond milk, salt and pepper until smooth and mashed potato-like. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold in chopped green onions and serve.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.