01 Aug Mashed Spinach/Cauliflower
1 head of cauliflower
1/4 tsp. butter (PHASE 2) or use olive oil spray for nonstick
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 cups spinach
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion, chopped finely
- Remove any leaves from the cauliflower and chop both the stems and florets into small pieces.
- Put in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
- While the cauliflower is boiling, bring a saucepan to medium heat with olive oil spray or butter and add spinach and onion until sauteed and the spinach is wilted.
- Reduce the saucepan of cauliflower to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes, or until very tender. Drain.
- Add all ingredients to the food processor and blend until it is a mash texture.