14 Aug Meatball Parm Stuffed Zucchini
- 2 large zucchini
- 16 oz 96-97% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp stevia
- PHASE 2: 1/3 cup low-fat shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise. This will provide 4 halves.
- Scoop out zucchini flesh, leaving ¼ in thick shells.
- Place the shells on the baking sheet and finely chop the zucchini that was scooped out.
- Put shells in oven for 10 minutes to soften.
- In the meantime, coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray over medium-high heat and add ground beef, chopped zucchini flesh, onion, tomatoes, bell pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and stevia and sauté approximately 10 minutes until beef and veggies are browned.
- Stir and chop with the back of a spoon or spatula frequently in order to fully break up beef into fine crumbles. Remove from heat and set aside.
- After you have removed the zucchini shells, increase oven temperature to broil.
- Spoon ¼ of the beef mixture into each of the zucchini shells.
- Phase 2 option: sprinkle 1.5 tbsp of shredded Parmesan over each half.
- Return to oven and broil for approximately 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and tops are golden brown. Enjoy!