09 Aug Meatballs and Zoodles
Posted at 20:51h in Phase One Recipes 0 Comments
Makes about 10 meatballs | 2 meatballs = 1 serving of protein & 1 serving of vegetables
- 2 large zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. 97% lean ground beef or 1 lb. ground white turkey meat
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tsp dried basil
- 1.5 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 /2 tsp granulated onion powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Heat a large, heavy bottom pan with a tight fitting lid over medium high heat. Spray nonstick oil cooking spray to the pan then add in the onion and salt. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 1-2 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the pan from the heat and scoop the onion mixture into a large bowl. Add in the ground meat (beef or turkey) and all remaining ingredients besides the zucchini. Mix well to incorporate all the spices throughout all the meat.
- In the same empty pan, spray nonstick spray to the pan again and add 2-3 large, spiralized zucchinis. Do not let the zucchinis get soggy, but heat for about 1 minute. Then put the zucchinis on a plate for later use.
- Form your meatballs by breaking off some meat from the bowl and rolling between your palms. The size is up to you, but keep in mind that larger meatballs take longer to cook. Place the formed meatballs on a plate until all the meat mixture is used.
- Reheat the pan over medium-high heat. Add in about <2 tsp. of olive oil. When the oil is hot, start adding the meatballs into the pan. Rotate them every minute or so for even browning. When they are all brown, cover the pan and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place the meatballs on top of the zucchini noodles, then add fat/sugar-free marinara sauce on top. Add additional toppings such as spices, tomatoes, basil, garlic, etc.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.