02 Apr Meringue Stevia Sweetened Cookies
Sugar Free Meringue:
- 1/2 c. liquid egg whites (about 3 large egg whites)
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp. powdered pure stevia
- 1 1/2 tsp. flavored liquid stevia (suggestions: chocolate raspberry, pumpkin spice, chocolate, vanilla spice)
- Preheat the oven to 215 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg whites for about 5 minutes until they begin to stiffen.
- Slowly add in the cream of tartar while beating the egg whites.
- Slowly begin to add in the powdered stevia while still beating the egg whites.
- Slowly add in the flavored, liquid stevia while beating the egg whites. (The total beating time should be about 10 minutes. You will know when you are done beating when you can flip the bowl over and nothing falls out.)
- Use a spoon to dollop the egg whites on to your parchment paper.
- Place the tray in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Rotate the tray to the other side and bake for another 22-24 minutes (depending on how brown and crunchy you want them to be).
- When they are done, let them sit in the oven for about 15-20 minutes and then transfer them to an airtight container. (Add spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg if you wish!)
This is not your protein meal, but can be in addition to a meal as a dessert or sweet treat. One batch makes about 20 cookies. One small cookie will contain 0.6 grams of protein. One batch will contain 12 grams of protein and 0 grams of sugar. Depending on how many you make and the size, one serving is 2 cookies (or 1.2 grams of protein). Therefore, cut back on your protein meal serving by one gram if you want to enjoy this guilt-free treat!