15 Aug Mexican Breakfast Pizza
Makes 2 servings | 1 serving = 1/2 a pizza | 1 fat, 1 protein, 1 vegetable
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 Laughing Cow Lite Swiss Wedges
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of salt
MEXICAN PIZZA TOPPING
- 2 whole eggs + 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup homemade salsa with cilantro
- 1/3 large avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Pulse batches of raw cauliflower florets in a food processor, until a rice-like texture.
- Fill a large pot with about an inch of water, and bring it to a boil. Add the “rice” and cover; let it cook for about 4-5 minutes. Drain into a fine-mesh strainer.
- Once you’ve strained the rice, transfer it to a clean, thin dishtowel.
- Wrap up the steamed rice in the dishtowel, twist it up, then squeeze all the excess moisture out! But be careful not to burn your hands.
- In a microwaveable bowl, mix the 3 Swiss wedges, oregano and salt. Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds.
- In a large bowl, mix up your strained rice, beaten egg, and Swiss wedges.
- Press the dough out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Keep the dough about 1/3″ thick, and make the edges a little higher for a “crust” effect, if you like.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 400 F.
- In the meantime, beat the whole eggs and egg whites in a bowl and then scramble them on medium-low heat in a non-stick skillet until thoroughly cooked (about 5-10 minutes).
- Prepare the salsa by adding jalapeno, cilantro, green onion, and a pinch of salt to diced tomatoes.
- Dice 1/3 of an avocado into small cubes.
- Once the crust is done (should be firm and golden brown), add 3/4 cup of the homemade salsa as the sauce.
- Add the scrambled eggs on top of the salsa and then add the diced avocado.
- Cut the pizza into quarters.