09 Aug Moon Bread
- 3 whole eggs, separated from yolk
- 3 tbsp low-fat cottage cheese, lactose free (Lactaid)
- Stevia, 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Separate the eggs very carefully, there must be no yolk in the white.
- In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, the 3 tbsp of cottage cheese and the one packet of sweetener until smooth.
- In the other bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar to the whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy and form nice peaks.
- Very carefully fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until mixed, but try and not break down the fluffiness of the egg whites too much.
- Spray two cookie sheets with nonstick oil cooking spray.
- With a large spoon, “scoop” the mixture into 10 even rounds on the sheets (about the size of the top-half of the hamburger bun; roughly 3/4 inch thick and 4 to 5 inches across).
- Bake on the middle rack. Here is when you have to watch them, because the cooking time the same on any two batches. It is somewhere around 1/2 hour, but it could be less or more. You just need to watch them until them become nice and golden brown (again, the color of a hamburger bun).
- Remove from the pans and cool on a rack or cutting board.