14 Aug “Oopsie” Bread
Makes 6 servings
- 3 eggs
- 3½ oz. (100 g) cream cheese
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tablespoon psyllium seed husks (optional)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder (optional)
- Separate the eggs, with the egg whites in one bowl and the egg yolks in another.
- Whip egg whites together with salt until very stiff. You should be able to turn the bowl over without the egg whites moving.
- Mix the egg yolks and the cream cheese well. If you want, add the psyllium seed husk and baking powder (this makes the Oopsie more bread-like).
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mix – try to keep the air in the egg whites.
- Put 6 large or 8 smaller oopsies on a baking tray.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 150° C (300° F) for about 25 minutes – until they turn golden.