06 Aug Pesto Zoodles
- 2 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup heirloom tomatoes
- fresh basil for garnish
- sea salt
- 1 tbsp. roasted garlic walnut pesto
- 1/4 cup organic raw walnuts
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 1 large bunch fresh basil about 2 cups, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
Spiralize or julienne the zucchini to make zucchini noodles. Lightly salt and drain zucchini in a colander for 20 minutes to remove excess liquid.
Toss zucchini noodles and tomatoes with pesto until well combined. Garnish with fresh basil.
- Toast walnuts in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant. Let cool to room temperature.
- Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into food processor and add toasted walnuts and a good pinch of sea salt. Pulse until mixture resembles large crumbs.
- Add basil and lemon juice. With processor running, stream in olive oil. Scrape down sides and process until combined.
- Add additional sea salt to taste.