02 Aug Phase 2 Green Bean Casserole
Posted at 22:59h in Dressings/Sauces/Dips, Holiday Recipes, Phase Two Recipes, Sauces/Dressings 1 Comment
- 1 tsp. avocado oil (or any oil of choice)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 10 oz mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 lb green beans (cut in half, making shorter pieces)
- 3 cup Homemade cream of mushroom soup (made with chicken broth and almond milk)
- 1/2 cup almond flour or 1/4 cup flaxseed, ground
- 2 tbsp dried minced onions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Saute the mushrooms & onions: In a skillet over medium heat, saute the onions and mushrooms in avocado oil for about 7-10 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Cook the green beans: Cook the green beans either in the microwave or on the stove until they are crisp-tender. For the microwave, place the green beans in a large bowl with 1/2 cup water and nuke, stirring at 2 minute intervals, until done (about 6-8 minutes total). For the stove, boil the green beans covered in water for 3-5 minutes.
- Assemble the casserole: Place the cooked green beans, mushroom/onion mixture, and cream of mushroom soup into a glass or ceramic 3-quart casserole dish. Stir together until well combined.
- Make the topping: In a small bowl, stir together the almond flour or flaxseed, and dried minced onions. Stir in the avocado oil until crumbly. Crumble the topping over the casserole.
- Bake: Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the topping is golden.