03 Aug Phase One Chicken-Fried Cauliflower Rice
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1/4 recipe each (1 serving= 1 veggie; 1 protein)
- 1 head of cauliflower (or 1 bag riced cauliflower)
- Coconut oil spray
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions or chives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Bragg’s liquid aminos OR coconut aminos
- 1 cooked chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup yellow carrots, diced (PHASE 3 option)
- If you did not buy cauliflower already riced, cut the cauliflower into florets. Working in batches, pulse the florets in a food processor or blender until they resemble the size of rice. Set aside.
- Spray coconut oil spray generously in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Scramble the eggs in skillet, then transfer to a cutting board and give them a quick, rough chop. Set aside for later use.
- Wipe out the skillet or use new one and spray more coconut oil spray and return to medium heat.
- Sauté the onion, celery and peppers until crisp-tender, about 3–4 minutes. You may add carrots in phase 3 if desired.
- Add the garlic and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add the cauliflower rice and stir very well.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, cover the skillet and cook until the rice is tender, about 5–8 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in the chopped eggs, chives, cooked chicken and coconut aminos. Serve warm.