03 Aug Phase Two and Phase Three: Pumpkin Spice Sunflower Butter
Posted at 19:41h in Dressings/Sauces/Dips, Holiday Recipes, Phase Three Recipes, Phase Two Recipes 0 Comments
- 1¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1.5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup – ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie puree (PHASE 3)
- 10-15 drops alcohol-free stevia (preferably pumpkin spice flavor by SweetLeaf)
- 2 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg OR 1 tsp. pumpkin spice (no sugar)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325F and place sunflower seeds on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes until seeds are slightly browned.
- Transfer seeds to the bowl of your food processor or high-powered blender.
- Add oil, set on high and process until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend, just until combined.
Do NOT ADD PUMPKIN PUREE IF YOU ARE IN PHASE 2!
- Transfer to a mason jar and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- If you can’t get through the whole batch in that time, transfer some to cute silicon molds and freeze for pumpkin fat bombs! If you’re making fat bombs, it’ll be better to use full-fat coconut milk.