03 Aug Phase Two Spicy “Cauli-peno” Muffins
- 2 cups finely riced, raw cauliflower (Trader Joe’s)
- 2 tbsp minced jalapeno
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese (low-fat)
- 1 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine the cauliflower, jalapeno, eggs, olive oil in a medium bowl.
- Add the grated cheeses and mix well.
- Stir in the onion flakes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and baking powder or until thoroughly combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree (F) oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn off the oven and leave the muffins inside for one hour to firm up. Remove and serve warm or cold.