31 Jul Pink Grapefruit Salad
- Juice squeezed from 1/2 pink grapefruit and from the leftover membranes, (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tbsp white wine or ACV vinegar
- 1 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Stevia Sweet Leaf English Toffee
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 6 cups mixed baby greens such as spinach, kale and chard (spring mix)
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 pink grapefruit, segmented (then cut them in half)
- 1/2 cup watermelon radishes, sliced thin
- PHASE 2: 1/2 large avocado, peeled and diced
- PHASE 2 if you don’t use avocado: 1/4 cup walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- PHASE 2: 1/2 cup crumbled low-fat feta cheese
- Whisk everything together except the salt and pepper.
- Taste, then add the salt and pepper as needed.
- Set aside.
- Divide the greens between four salad bowls.
- Top each with onion, radish and feta cheese, followed by the grapefruit segments and avocado slices.
- Sprinkle the toasted walnuts evenly over the four salads.