14 Aug Pizza Pie Layered Casserole
MEAT AND SAUCE LAYER
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and lightly drained.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) organic tomato sauce, make sure tomatoes are the only ingredient.
- 1 tbsp Italian seasonings.
- ½ tsp garlic powder.
- ¼ tsp sea salt.
- ½ tsp oregano
VEGGIE CRUST LAYER
- ½ medium, raw zucchini, grated or ground.
- 1 cup raw cauliflower, grated or ground.
- 2 garlic cloves.
- 2 eggs, beaten.
- 3 tbsp coconut flour or almond flour (or 4 T. flaxseed ground)
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese or cheese of choice * such as parmesean
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 16 slices of pepperoni or salami.
- ½ cup grated cheese of choice (I used mozzarella*) can omit for paleo
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and lightly grease a 9 x 11×3 inch oval casserole dish.
- Using a large fry pan, brown ground beef. Lightly drain some excess grease.
- Add to ground beef in pan: tomato sauce, Italian seasonings, garlic powder, oregano, and sea salt. Stir and heat over medium high heat until bubbling. Turn heat to low and cover. Simmer for 6 minutes.
- In food processor add: zucchini, cauliflower, and garlic cloves. Process until veggies look like rice granules, or can grate them with grater or ricer.
- In large mixing bowl combine: ground zucchini cauliflower garlic, 2 eggs, 3 tbsp coconut flour, ¼ cup grated cheese, 1 tbsp melted coconut oil, and ¼ tsp sea salt. Mix together until a paste like dough forms, and make sure to break up any coconut flour clumps. Set aside.
- Stir simmering ground beef, and remove from heat. Spoon ground beef into casserole dish and spread across bottom of dish.
- Take veggie crust dough and spoon on top of meat layer in dish. With the back of large spoon or spatula, spread dough evenly across the top of meat layer and smooth.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top of extra veggie toppings and crust layer.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until top of casserole is browning and crust is done.
- Remove, cool, serve and enjoy!