16 Aug Potato-Less Potato Salad
- 2 rutabagas (turnips)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, finely diced – yield about ¾ cup
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil mayo (use Prolean recipe)
- 1 tsp mustard
- ½ tsp celery seed
- 3 tbsp relish
- 1 tbsp pickle juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and cube the rutabaga. Add water to a large pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add rutabaga and cook for 10-13 minutes, until rutabaga is fork-tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, add sliced hard boiled eggs, celery pieces and radishes to a large bowl.
- Then, in a separate bowl, add dressing ingredients and whisk until combined.
- When rutabaga has cooled, add to large bowl with vegetables and drizzle with dressing. Stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, until chilled.