10 Aug Pumpkin Millet Porridge
Makes 4 servings |1 serving = 1 cup | 1 carb and 1 fat
- 1 cup dry millet
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (no sugar added)
- 1 tbsp Walden Farms maple syrup or VitaFiber syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (no sugar added) or pumpkin pie stevia
- 2 tbsp. chopped pecans or walnuts
- Combine millet, water, almond milk, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Allow millet to come to a light boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for about 20 minutes, until thick. Stir often!
- While millet simmers, toast pecans in a toaster oven or dry skillet until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Be careful not to burn them.
- When thick, stir pumpkin, maple, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice into millet.
- Portion porridge into four bowls and top each with a tbsp of pecans or walnuts.
Get VitaFiber syrup here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TIX50OQ/ref=pd_bxgy_325_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=0GTSX63ND6NHT95HYZ4Q