10 Aug Pumpkin Pie Meringues
- 3 large egg whites
- 1-1/2 teaspoons clear or regular vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup Treleafia
- 1 dropper pumpkin pie stevia or pumpkin pie spice (no sugar)
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Add vanilla, cream of tartar and salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until foamy.
- Gradually add stevia, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved.
- Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form, about 7 minutes.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a #32 star tip. Transfer meringue to bag.
- Pipe 1-1/4-in.-diameter cookies 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Turn off oven (do not open oven door); leave meringues in oven 1 hour.
- Remove from oven; cool completely on baking sheets.
- Remove meringues from paper; store in an airtight container at room temp.