01 Aug Purple Kale Salad
Posted at 18:54h in Phase One Recipes, Sides 0 Comments
- 3 cups packed kale, all colors and types chopped bite size
- 1 cup cauliflower crumbles
- 1/2 cup diced persian cucumbers
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (about 1/4 inch cubes)
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. liquid clear Stevia
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (PHASE 2) Use water in Phase 1.
- In a small bowl, add all vinaigrette ingredients. Whisk until everything is thoroughly mixed. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Add kale to a large salad/mixing bowl. Add in half of the vinaigrette. Using clean hands, massage the vinaigrette into the kale by applying pressure and rubbing kale leaves between your fingers. This will help break down the kale and soften it. Do this for about 1 minute. Mix kale with the dressing already in salad bowl, then set aside for about 20 minutes to allow the kale to further soften.
- After 20 minutes, add in cucumbers, tomatoes and cauliflower. Mix with dressing already in the salad bowl. Taste and add more dressing as needed. It’s okay if you do not use all the dressing. I usually use about 2/3 of it.
- Place salad into the fridge for at least 30 minutes. This will allow the flavors of the dressing to develop. The salad does hold up pretty well so you can make this ahead of time and let it stay chilled for a few hours in the fridge or overnight.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.