31 Jul Ricotta Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 3 lb. head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese (full fat)
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Olive oil spray
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut off the tip of each garlic clove (just enough to expose it). Place in a piece of foil and spray with nonstick olive oil spray. Wrap the foil tightly and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast the garlic for 10-12 minutes or until soft when pressed. Remove and let cool before peeling. The garlic should easily pop out of their skins when pressed.
- Cook the cauliflower florets in salted water for 8-12 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and then lay flat on a large baking sheet lined with several layers of paper towel. Tap the baking sheet couple times on the countertop/table to get as much water as possible out of the cauliflower.
- Then working quickly, place the cauliflower in a food processor with roasted garlic, and ricotta. (You can do this in batches like I did or all together if your food processor is big enough.)
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Purée until smooth and creamy. Taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve warm.