02 Aug Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
Posted at 17:42h in Phase One Recipes, Sides 0 Comments
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 tsp. olive oil (PHASE 2) or use olive oil spray
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt), divided use
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Meyer lemons (1 sliced into rounds, 1 finely chopped (including peel))
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. Trim 1-inch off end of cauliflower, leaving stem intact. Cut cauliflower into four ½-inch thick slices.
3. Place cauliflower on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tsp. olive oil (PHASE 2). Season with ¼ tsp. sea salt and ¼ tsp. pepper. Top with lemon slices.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn with a spatula. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender-crisp and browned.
5. While cauliflower is baking, combine chopped lemon, parsley, shallot, garlic, remaining ¼ tsp. sea salt, and remaining ¼ tsp. pepper in a medium bowl; mix well.
6. Top each cauliflower steak with 1 heaping tsp. of lemon mixture.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.