16 Aug Roasted Herb Crackers
Makes multiple servings
- 3 cups ground flaxseed
- 10 celery sticks
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 tbsp Bragg’s apple cider vinegar
- 5 grams fresh thyme leaves (from approx. 28g pack)
- 5 grams fresh rosemary leaves (from approx. 1 sprig)
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 225F and cover two large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Set aside.
- Place celery, oil, vinegar, herbs and salt in the bowl of your food processor. Pulse until celery is completely pureed.
- Add ground flax and pulse just until combined. Let sit for 2 minutes to firm up.
- Plop half of the dough onto your prepared baking sheet, smoothing out with the back of a spoon until it covers the entire baking sheet. You want the crackers to be about ¼-inch thick.
- Once complete, repeat with remaining dough on the other baking sheet.
- Then, run a knife along the sheets, scoring squares in the dough.
- Bake for 2 hours, flipping halfway through and removing the parchment paper. The baking time will vary greatly on how thick/thin you make the crackers. You want the end result to be crisp, crunchy with no moisture left.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- Great to serve with tzatziki sauce or hummus!