01 Aug Roasted Poblano Chicken Chili
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. olive oil or spray
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ¼ pounds ground chicken or turkey (WHITE MEAT; 99% LEAN)
- 1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 poblano chili, roasted
- 32 ounces chicken broth or stock, low-sodium (homemade)
- PHASE 3 OPTION: 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- PHASE 3 OPTION: 1 large sweet potato, cut into cubes
- Roast poblano over gas burner or under the broil until blackened on all sides. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, let sit for 15 minutes. Peel and seed pepper; roughly chop. In the bottom of a food processor, pulse poblano and 1 cup chicken stock until peppers are completely pureed.
- In a large dutch oven, heat olive oil (spray) over medium-high heat. Brown chicken. Add onion, garlic, cumin, salt and ground coriander. Add sweet potatoes and/or beans for a Phase 3 option!
- Cover with pureed pepper and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with shredded white cheese if desired, cilantro and chopped onion.