03 Nov Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts:
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 large sweet potato (<1 lb) (PHASE 3)
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (PHASE 2)
- 1 teaspoon cumin or turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- pinch of salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- fresh thyme, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim your Brussels by cutting off the little brown end. If there are any yellow leaves, pull them off. Cut any large ones in half. Add to a large bowl.
- Peel your sweet potato and chop into 1-2 inch pieces. Add to the large bowl.
- Smash 2 cloves of garlic and add it to the bowl.
- Pour 1/3 cup olive oil over the vegetables.
- Add cumin, garlic salt, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir to coat.
- (Line a large sheet pan with foil if you want super easy cleanup)
- Drizzle a little olive oil onto the sheet pan and rub it all over the pan (or foil) with your hand. Or you could spray it really well with nonstick spray.
- Pour the veggies onto the pan.
- Roast at 400 for about 40-45 minutes. The veggies are done when they are brown and a fork slides into them easily.
- Place the veggies in a serving bowl and toss with 1-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar to taste. Garnish with fresh thyme if you want. Eat hot!