01 Aug Roasted Tumeric Cumin Cauliflower
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Sea salt
- 4 heads of cauliflower—halved, cored and cut into 1-inch florets
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (PHASE 2 Option)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a small bowl, combine the oil spray, cumin, turmeric, crushed red pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- On 2 large rimmed baking sheets, drizzle the cauliflower with the spiced oil and toss well to coat; season with salt.
- Spread the cauliflower in an even layer and bake for about 1 hour, until browned and tender; switch the baking sheets halfway through cooking.
- PHASE 2 OPTION: Meanwhile, in a pie plate, bake the pine nuts for about 1 minute, until toasted. Let cool.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with the pine nuts, cilantro and mint and serve.