03 Aug Salmon Salad
- 2 – 8oz. salmon fillets
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- Dash of freshly ground pepper
- ½ English cucumber, cut in half lengthwise then sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4 sticks celery, diced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon gluten-free Dijon mustard or stoneground
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 clove garlic
- ¾ teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves – about 2 sprigs
- ¾ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves – about 4 bunches
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Turn the broiler of your oven on and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place salmon on the foil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil fish about 4-5 inches from the heat for approximately 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Thinner steaks take between 5-8 minutes. When salmon is golden brown on top, remove and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, break apart and place in a large bowl. Add cucumber, tomato, celery and green onions and set aside.
- Place dressing ingredients in a small food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. Pour over top of vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle salad with fresh parsley and mustard seeds.
- Serve on a bed of greens, as a sandwich filling, or straight up!