11 Oct Scare off the Halloween Lbs.
Scare off the Halloween Lbs.
Get in some extra steps by trick or treating… But without all the treats and extra pounds!
Here are some recipes for the Halloween season:
Carve a pumpkin and bake the seeds!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Toss seeds in a bowl with 1 tsp. MCT or coconut oil, and either paprika, sea salt, and chili powder OR cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and stevia. Spread the seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown; stir occasionally.
Pumpkin Pie Meringues
- 3 large egg whites
- 1-1/2 teaspoons clear or regular vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup Treleafia
- 1 dropper pumpkin pie stevia or pumpkin pie spice (no sugar)
Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 250°. Add vanilla, cream of tartar and salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add stevia, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form, about 7 minutes. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a #32 star tip. Transfer meringue to bag. Pipe 1-1/4-in.-diameter cookies 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 40-45 minutes or until firm to the touch. Turn off oven (do not open oven door); leave meringues in oven 1 hour. Remove from oven; cool completely on baking sheets. Remove meringues from paper; store in an airtight container at room temp.
Apple Chai Smoothie
- 2 cups chopped apples (~2 small-medium apples)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp stevia
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups ice
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into two glasses and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.