14 Aug Shrimp Ceviche
Posted at 22:23h in Phase One Recipes, Sides 0 Comments
- 2 quarts water
- 1/4 cup sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1 pound raw shrimp (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 cup diced, seeded, peeled cucumber (1/4-inch dice)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup diced seeded tomato
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped cilantro leaves, plus more leaves for garnish
- Combine water and 1/4 cup salt in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Add shrimp and immediately turn off the heat. Let the shrimp sit until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes.
- Chop the shrimp into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a medium nonreactive bowl. Add lemon and lime juice. Stir in cucumber, onion and chiles. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Stir tomato, chopped cilantro, and pinch of salt into shrimp mixture. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with cilantro leaves. Enjoy!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.