02 Aug Slow Cooker Banana Bread Oatmeal – Maintenance
1 serving= 1/2 cup cooked (1 carb; 1 fruit; 1 fat)
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups unsweetened almond or cashew milk, divided
- 1 cup dry steel-cut oats
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 6 Tbsp (1/4 cup) ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt) optional
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. stevia liquid (clear)
- 3 Tbsp. walnuts, raw and chopped
Place water, 1 cup almond milk, oats, bananas, flaxseed, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg in a 3-quart slow cooker; cover. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until oats are soft but chewy.
Top each serving evenly with stevia liquid, walnuts, and remaining almond milk; serve immediately.