01 Aug Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken
Posted at 20:40h in Crock Pot, Phase Two Recipes 0 Comments
- 8 scallions, chopped coarsely
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 habanero chilies, stemmed and seeded
- 1 (1-inch) fresh ginger, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tsp. Stevia, powder or liquid dropper
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 pounds bone-in, skinless chicken pieces (split breasts, thighs)
- Lime wedges for serving
- Place scallion, oil, habaneros, ginger, Stevia, garlic, thyme, all spice, cardamom, and salt in a food processor or blender and puree. Transfer 1/2 cup mixture to slow cooker; reserve remaining mixture.
- Add chicken to slow cooker and coat evenly with scallion mixture. cover and cook until chicken is tender, about 4- 6 hours on low.
- Position oven rack 10 inches from broiler element and start broiler. Place a wire rack in a foil lined bake sheet and coat with nonstick oil spray.
- Transfer chicken, skin side down onto rack. Brush chicken with half of reserved scallion mixture and broil until lightly charred and and crisp, about 10-15 minutes.
- Flip chicken over, brush with remaining scallion mixture and continue to broil until lightly charred and crisp on second side, about 5-10 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.