15 Aug Spaghetti Squash
Makes 1 serving | 1 protein, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 serving lean ground beef
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive or MCT oil
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prolean Marinara Sauce
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) part skim mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Sautee ground beef in a skillet with 1 tsp. of oil and chopped onion until thoroughly cooked. You may season the beef as you wish, such as all-purpose seasoning. Lightly oil a baking sheet pan with olive oil.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, length wise. Remove any visible seeds.
- Place the halves of spaghetti squash cut side down on the pan.Bake for 45 minutes. Larger spaghetti squash may take up to 60 minutes.
- Using a fork, scrape the loosened strands of spaghetti from each half into a large bowl.
- Top with shredded mozzarella. Add ground beef mixture, and ½ cup marinara sauce.