06 Jul Spaghetti Squash
1 medium spaghetti squash
1 serving lean ground beef
1 tsp. extra virgin olive or MCT oil
¼ cup red onion, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
Prolean Marinara Sauce
2 ounces (1/2 c.) part skim mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Sautee ground beef in a skillet with 1 tsp. of oil and chopped onion until thoroughly cooked. You may season the beef as you wish, such as all-purpose seasoning. Lightly oil a baking sheet pan with olive oil.
3. Cut spaghetti squash in half, length wise. Remove any visible seeds.
4. Place the halves of spaghetti squash cut side down on the pan.
5. Bake for 45 minutes. Larger spaghetti squash may take up to 60 minutes.
6. Using a fork, scrape the loosened strands of spaghetti from each half into a large bowl. Top with shredded mozzarella. Add ground beef mixture, and ½ cup marinara sauce.
-Makes 1 serving (1 Protein, 1 Veggie, 1 Fat)