10 Aug Spicy Green Sauce/Veggie Dip
Posted at 15:15h in Dressings/Sauces/Dips, Phase One Recipes, Phase Two Recipes, Sauces/Dressings 0 Comments
Makes 4 cups | 1 serving = 1/3 cup| 1 fat, 1 veggie
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/3 jalapeño, (or more, to taste)
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove)
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1/4 tsp. pink sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water, or more to thin out
- PHASE 2: 1 ripe avocado
- PHASE 2: 1 tsp. olive oil or MCT oil
- In a food processor, blend all ingredients on high until smooth and creamy, about 4-6 minutes. Taste test and adjust salt/pepper/garlic and add more water, if needed, to thin it out more, depending on the consistency you want. Blend again until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- May use 1 small head of cauliflower steamed + 1 tbsp chicken broth in place of avocado if in Phase 1. You may also add cucumber and radish.