08 Aug Spicy Mexican Cauliflower Rice
Posted at 14:49h in Phase One Recipes, Phase Three Recipes, Phase Two Recipes, Sides 0 Comments
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- Nonstick olive oil spray
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 fresh chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- PHASE 3: 1 (15-ounce) can black beans drained and rinsed
GUACAMOLE (PHASE 2)
- 2 avocados pitted
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- Juice of 1/2 limes
- 1/2 jalapeno diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse a few times until it is rice-like consistency.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with nonstick olive oil spray. Add the onion, minced garlic and chili and sauté for 5 minutes until onion is softened. Add the cauliflower rice and sauté for another 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, stock, oregano, cumin and chili flakes and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Continue to cook for about 20 minutes or until cauliflower is soft. Add the garlic powder and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and lime juice before serving.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.