07 Jul Spinach Kale Veg Burgers
Spinach & Kale Veg Burgers:
- 1/2 bag of thawed and well drained chopped spinach
- 1/2 bag of thawed kale
- 2 egg whites (6 tbsp.)
- 1 whole egg
- ¼ c diced onion
- 1/4 c. part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. milled flaxseeds, or Melba toast crumbs
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl thoroughly until combined. You may want to use a food processor or blender.
- Shape into patties and cook over medium high heat in a non stick skillet with a small amount of zero calorie cooking spray.
- Patties are done when they are golden and firm. (About 4-6 minutes )
-Makes 1 serving (1 protein, 1 veggie, 1 dairy)