07 Aug Spinach Quiche
Posted at 15:35h in Breakfast, Phase One Recipes 0 Comments
- Olive oil spray
- 1 (10 oz) package fresh spinach (I used the baby ones) — about 284 grams
- 2 whole eggs + 3-4 egg whites
- 1 (8 oz package) mini-bella mushrooms, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
*Variation – If you don’t fancy mushrooms, try asparagus or bell peppers with the spinach. Also, add some onions to the mix.
- Preheat the oven to 375F or 190C.
- Spray nonstick olive oil spray on a large skillet and turn on the heat. Saute the mushrooms until they are soft, about 5-6 minutes. Set Aside.
- Place the spinach in a deep pan or in the skillet that you used for the mushrooms. Add a little water, (2 tbsp). Using medium heat, cook the spinach just until wilted, about 3-4 mins. Use either your hand or a spatula to pack in the spinach. Drain the excess water really well (especially if you decide to use frozen spinach instead).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until combined. Add the cooked mushrooms, spinach to the eggs. Mix well. Season to taste.
Divide evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Or if its a bigger muffin tin, fill 8-10 muffin tins.
- Bake for about 20-23 minutes, or until it’s well set and a tester/toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Leave in the pan for a few minutes or just until it’s cool enough to handle. It was so easy to remove them from the pan! They practically pop-out!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.