07 Aug Spirulina Protein Shake
Posted at 22:12h in Drinks, Phase Two Recipes, Protein Shakes, Smoothie of the Week, Uncategorized 0 Comments
- 1/2 small avocado (PHASE 2)
- ½ cup (52 g) sliced cucumber (skin on)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond/cashew milk (PHASE 2)
- 1 cup (30 g) spinach or baby kale (frozen organic if possible)
- 1 tsp spirulina powder*
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- To a blender, add frozen avocado, cucumber, almond/cashew milk, spinach/kale, spirulina, and protein powder. Blend until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides (or using smoothie wand) as needed.
- If too thick, thin with water or more milk. If too thin, thicken with ice or more frozen spinach/kale.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. Add stevia for sweetness, cucumber for freshness, or greens or spirulina for green color.
- Serve immediately as is or in my preferred: top with blueberries, and hemp heart seeds. Best when fresh, though leftovers will keep covered in the refrigerator up to 2 days or the freezer for 1 week.