08 Jul Sugar Free Lean Ice Cream
Sugar-Free Lean Ice Cream:
- 4 whole pastured eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup (50 grams) melted cacao butter
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon spice
- 15-20 drops liquid stevia
- ¼ cup MCT oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla bean powder (or 1 tsp. vanilla bean extract or stevia)
- 8-10 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients besides ice cubes into a high power blender. Blend on high for 2 minutes, until creamy. (FYI: This will not work in a Magic Bullet Blender.)
- While the blender is still running, remove the top portion of the lid and drop in 1 ice cube at a time, allowing the blender to run about 10 seconds between each ice cube. The goal here is to dilute the mixture just a bit and make it cold so it will run through the ice cream maker easier. If you have a Vitamix or Ninja, there is a small space at the top, just big enough to drop in the ice cube. If you don’t have a hole in your lid, turn off the blender each time as you add an ice cube, one at a time.
- Once all of the ice has been added, pour the cold mixture into your ice cream maker and churn on high for 20-30 minutes, depending on your ice cream maker.
*If you do not have an ice cream maker, transfer the mixture to 9×5 loaf pan and place in the freezer. Set the timer for 30 minutes before taking out to stir. Repeat for 2-3 hours, until desired consistency is met.
- Serve immediately as soft-serve (from the ice cream maker)
*or scoop into a 9×5 loaf pan and freeze for 45 minutes or so. Store in freeze for one week.
-Makes 10 servings
-1 serving= 1/4 cup
-Recipe idea found from: Healthfulpursuit.com