07 Jul Super Seed Butter
Posted at 15:15h in Phase Two Recipes 0 Comments
Super Seed Butter:
- 3 cups (336 g) raw sunflower seeds (if roasted, skip the roasting step!)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 Tbsp (12 g) chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp (7 g) flax seed meal
- 1 Tbsp (10 g) shelled hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp (4 g) roasted unsalted pumpkin seeds
- optional: 1 tsp stevia to sweeten
- If your sunflower seeds are roasted (select unsalted if possible), skip this step. Otherwise, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and spread sunflower seeds on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes, stirring/turning the pan occasionally, until fragrant and light golden brown.
- Add roasted sunflower seeds to a food processor (or high speed blender) and blend until a butter forms, scraping down sides as needed. It should take about 5-7 minutes. Resist the urge to add any additional oil (and especially not water, as it will cause the butter to seize up).
- Add salt, chia seeds, flax seed, hemp seed, and pumpkin seeds and mix/pulse to combine. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt, or a bit of sweetener of choice if desired (avoid using liquid sweeteners, as they can cause the butter to seize up and lose its form).
Store at room temperature for 1-2 weeks, or in the refrigerator up to 1 month!
-1 fat serving (1/2 tbsp)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.