02 Aug Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Mash
Posted at 17:00h in Holiday Recipes, Phase Three Recipes 0 Comments
Makes 6 servings
- 2 pounds/3.5 cups sweet potatoes (PHASE 3). Avoid potatoes and save 740 calories
- 1 pound (1 head) cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons almond milk, unsweetened
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt, low-fat (PHASE 2)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Peel and cut sweet potato into 1 ½ -inch chunks.
- In large pot with a steam basket, steam sweet potato and cauliflower with 1 inch of water in bottom of pot. Vegetables will be ready in about 10 – 12 minutes, or when fork tender.
- Place in large bowl and mash the potato and cauliflower with the milk. Stir in the Greek yogurt, garlic powder, salt and pepper. If too thick, add milk 1 tablespoons at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.